Cinnamon Vanilla Pancakes are fluffy, delicious and a great breakfast recipe to welcome fall!
Don’t you just love the fall season? All of the gorgeous and vibrant colors. All the smells of the season, fresh, crisp, cold air. Ahhhhhh. But the absolute best thing about fall is the delicious FLAVORS! Especially cinnamon. These Cinnamon Vanilla Pancakes are sure to add a touch of fall flavor to your ordinary breakfast favorite.
My love of all things cinnamon has developed over the years thanks to my husband. Now it’s a flavor I try to incorporate wherever I can! So, it was a no brainer to add some cinnamon to my family’s favorite breakfast food – pancakes!
The great thing about these Cinnamon Vanilla pancakes is the ingredients call for some basic pantry staples. So, I typically always have the ingredients on hand. When I’m in a pinch for time and low on pantry inventory, I whip up a batch of these. Breakfast for dinner anyone?!
Usually, we have leftover pancakes so I will freeze them to use on those busy school mornings. My kids smile ear to ear when I ask if they want some cinnamon vanilla pancakes. That question is usually followed with a resounding “YESSSSSS!”
Some of the links in my posts are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips for the Better Pancakes
- For healthier ingredient options, you can use unbleached all purpose flour (I use this brand), grape seed oil in place of other oils (I use this brand). Truvia in place of Sugar, and sea salt in place of regular iodized salt. These are a few of my healthy swaps that still taste great.
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls first. Then combine. This is something I learned along the way and I do this for most baking recipes. It allows ingredients with the same properties to congeal before combining.
- When stirring the mixture, leave batter slightly lumpy. (This will make pancakes more fluffy)
- Don’t press down on the cooking pancakes, you want them to remain fluffy!
- Use an electric griddle if possible (I have one similar to this that I love)! This allows you to control the temperature a little better because you can determine the heat setting. Also, you can cook a lot more at once. When my family is hungry and ready to eat, cooking more in less time is a plus!
Enjoy this fall favorite in my home. Please let me know how it turned out for you!
Cinnamon Vanilla Pancakes
Fluffy, and super easy pancake recipe for fall or anytime you want a touch of cinnamon deliciousness. Made with the warm flavor of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla, these pancakes will brighten your breakfast (or breakfast for dinner!).
- 2 c Flour Unbleached all purpose
- 4 tsp Baking powder aluminum free
- 1 tsp Salt sea salt
- 2 T Sugar can substitute Truvia
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 handful Pecans or fruit optional
- 1 egg
- 2 c Milk 2% or whole
- 1/3 c Oil can use grape seed oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract pure not imitation
Turn on griddle to 325 - 350 degrees, depending on your griddle. Or heat up a pan on medium/low heat
Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl and Set aside
In a separate bowl beat egg and milk
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir, just until mixed. Leave batter a little lumpy
Spoon 2 T of batter per pancake onto heated griddle or pan
Cook pancakes on 2 - 3 minutes until you see bubbles
Flip pancake with spatula and brown on the other side 2 minutes
Top with pecans, walnuts or any choice of fruit and serve with warm maple syrup
Now that you have breakfast covered, what about lunch? Check this recipe out: Veggie Hummus Wrap